19.9.11

Famous Artwork Day

The last couple weeks have been busy. I’m a hostess for the John Dory Oyster Bar and am having a great time getting to know all the great people who work there. I’ve been going to openings, including Jenny Saville’s opening last week, of course no photography was allowed but I did get to see Chuck Close in the flesh. Anyway, the paintings were stunning, the only question we had for Saville was, why so many paintings of the same face? Four paintings of one little boy, 5 or 6 works of the same woman with children. Interesting. Today I went to the de Kooning retrospective at the MoMA, (Again, no photography allowed for this special exhibit.) I met many famous pieces of work, my mind was blown, and then my eyes fell out of my head. Here are some of them!


Paul Klee, Cat and Bird


Vasily Kandinsky


Marcel Duchamp


Robert Rauschenberg, Bed 1955


Louise Bourgeois, Little Girl 1968


Joseph Beuys, Eurasia Siberian Symphony 1963


James Lee Byars, Dress for Five Persons 1969


Daniel Buren


Paul Gauguin, Still Life with Three Puppies 1888


Cy Twombly, Leda and the Swan 1962


Andrew Wyeth, From Christina's World


Amedeo Modigliani, Anna Zborowska


Alberto Giacometti, The Chariot 1950


Dan Flavin, untitled (to the "innovator" of Wheeling Peachblow) 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment