30.3.12

Krause Gallery/Mulherin + Pollard

There is always and forever more and more to see. Sometimes (okay, maybe more than sometimes) I'm stubborn and insist that I can remember things I can't actually remember.  Last week I thought I would lead Fisk and I on a gallery walk which, you know, failed, because I was relying solely on my poor memory of the gallery walk that I had recently taken with a very dear friend of mine who was visiting from Portland, OR.  Nonetheless we stumbled upon some interesting things. I'm determined to explore the Lower East Side gallery scene with more purpose (a gallery guide) in the future. 

Krause Gallery: OLEK with David E. Peterson "Synthetic Nature"










MULHERIN + POLLARD : GEORGE KUCHAR







I had not taken a class with George Kuchar when I attended SFAI, but I can vouch through word of many many mouths that the experience was one of any student's favorite.  I was lucky enough to catch his retrospective at PS1 last Fall, and seeing more and more of his work around various shows in the city is such a nice way to pay respect to a man who spent a lifetime making fun/interesting/provocative works. 

IN OTHER NEWS:
I'll be participating in that group show (let's include everything and the kitchen sink themed) curated by Hennessy Youngman at Family Business in Chelsea.  I've even heard a rumor that someone will be having pizzas delivered to the opening. (Tuesday, April 3rd, 6-9pm)  PIZZA! Anyway, you should come see a new painting of mine, and come have FUN. Check out the video, oh and I'll be documenting and making blog posts as well. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment