14.8.12

DESERT.

Yesterday my mom and I took a quick drive to Palm Springs to visit my aunt. We had an excellent time - we checked out the Ace Hotel, had a drink at King's Highway, had an excellent meal at Las Casuelas with margaritas, and then headed back to my aunt's house for a dip in the pool.  Aside from the super relaxing fun, I was able to take some photos of the desert that displays my favorite range of color.  There was a small thunderstorm we drove by that struck lightning and caused a fire. It was gorgeous.






I'm really happy that I got a chance to drive through my favorite desert. I know in the future I'd love to take a trip out to Joshua Tree National Park, I imagine there are a lot of cool things to see out there! Though, probably not in the middle of Summer, I mean, 118 degrees is just ridiculously too hot. 

Home to NY tomorrow! For now.. one last trip to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment