17.11.12

Brooklyn Art Space/Postcards

I applied for a recent graduate residency at Brooklyn Art Space a couple months ago, and just a few days ago I was notified that I had been chosen to become a resident! I went down to the space to take a look.


The residency offers space to make your work, which is much needed, a locker, storage for paintings, artist talks, and crits. I'm looking forward to being a part of an art community again. Being in the studio working with your peers was one of my favorite parts of art school. 


There is an attached gallery to the art space as well. I will be able to participate in a few group shows. The residency lasts for 6 months starting January 1st. I couldn't imagine a better way to bring in the new year - making work in a new studio space. 

Oh and wouldn't you know it?? My postcards came. No delay this time! Feel free to reach out to my gmail (Natalie.Lomeli@gmail.com) if you would like me to pop one in the mail for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment