12.4.13

NEW WORK: MONSTERS,CLEARWATERS

Here's the first batch of works from my residency at Brooklyn Art Space. April has been great so far, and I'm proud to say that I've spent 7 out of the last 9 days in the studio. I plan to keep up the pace for the rest of the month. I'd love to finish another body of work there before the residency is through.

 Porcelain 1, Watercolor & Acrylic, 11x9 inches

 Porcelain 2, Watercolor & Acrylic, 11x9 inches

 Porcelain 3, Watercolor & Acrylic, 11x9 inches

 Porcelain Well, Watercolor & Acrylic, 11x9 inches

Purple Well, Watercolor & Acrylic, 11x9 inches

Eel Off, Acrylic on Canvas, 44x38 inches

 Chain Chomp, Acrylic on Canvas, 44x38 inches

Chain Chomp detail

Chain Chomp detail

Chain Chomp detail

Eel Off detail

I've finished The Story of Art, so final posts about that next week. I've started reading a short biography about Man Ray. It never really occurred to me how odd it is that his first name is Man.  It's pretty compelling so far, and full of great quotes by Man. "If the creature had consulted its will only, it was bound to be crushed against the unknown."

No comments:

Post a Comment