13.6.13

Newest Paintings/Colorado/Moving

The last couple weeks have been busy, and I have - not surprisingly- burnt myself out enough to catch a terrible cold, which has given me the opportunity to think about how amazing it is to be healthy.  I hope to be at a healthy place soon!  All this activity is not without its reward, starting with, these quick five paintings that I finished in the tail end of my residency at Brooklyn Art Space. 

Hammer Monster, Acrylic on Canvas, 2013, 14x15 in.

Nar Monster, Acrylic on Canvas, 2013, 14x15 in.

Orca Monster, Acrylic on Canvas, 2013, 14x15 in.

Puss Monster, Acrylic on Canvas, 2013, 14x15 in.

Star Monster, Acrylic on Canvas, 2013, 14x15 in.
I was lucky to bring these works to the BAS critique earlier this month. I got some really good feedback about the speed of my work and pushing certain parts of my painting even further.  I'm sad that my residency at Brooklyn Art Space is done - but happy about the community of artists I met there. I'll definitely be participating in the critiques to come. 

What's made leaving BAS easier has been the surprise opportunity to attend an Unconventional Aesthetics course at Anderson Ranch in Colorado this July.  I've never been to the Aspen area, so I'm really looking forward to attend. 

This month I've moved in with Fisk, and it's been nothing but fun so far.  Much more fun things to come out of this Summer, I can tell.  As for now, more sleep and rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment