31.8.13

New Work: Land Marks


Ecstatic Land Mark, Watercolor, Acrylic, and Colored Pencil on Paper, 12"x9"

I've made a lot of new works recently, but these mixed media works have been at the center of my heart.  I've taken a lot of liberty to just loosen up and allow very organic marks to stay wherever they would like to flow.  I've started to incorporate the large white shapes that begin to visually tie themselves to my past works.  I haven't spoken too much about the transition my work has taken this Summer,  and that's because much of the language surrounding the work will undoubtedly change.  I can say, that these works are imbued with a direct line of personal meaning and positivity. 

I've also updated my website with these works, as well as a selection from the Paper Watches and Creatures that I made just after my return from Anderson Ranch. http://www.natalielomeli.com/.


Land Mark A,  Watercolor and Colored Pencil on Paper, 12"x9"

Land Mark B,  Watercolor and Colored Pencil on Paper, 12"x9"

Land Mark C,  Watercolor and Colored Pencil on Paper, 12"x9"

Land Mark D,  Watercolor  and Colored Pencil on Paper, 12"x9"

Land Mark E,  Watercolor and Colored Pencil on Paper, 12"x9"

Soft Land Mark, Watercolor, Acrylic and Colored Pencil on Paper, 30"x24" 

No comments:

Post a Comment