30.11.13

VSC Part 4: Work I Made


It was really important for me to do whatever I wanted with my art in Vermont.   I took Gina's Blanket Energy & My Blanket Energy to Vermont as a starting point. All works below are watercolor, colored pencil, watercolor pencil, and acrylic. 

Gina's Blanket Energy.

Gina's Blanket Energy, detail.

My Blanket Energy.

My Blanket Energy, detail.

I painted a really loose mural of a giant cactus on my wall and really loved the shapes that were made.  They were slightly phallic and moved upward and downward which created great movement.  I used those shapes to illustrate my idea of what a phantom orgasm would look like, which turned into the two below works. 

Phantgasm Red, 22x30 inches.

Phantgasm Blue, 22x30 inches.

I elaborated on that theme and made the below triptych, each is 15x20 inches...

Ghost Sex Triptych.




XOXO/Orgasm, 48x36 inches.

XOXO/Orgasm Detail.



Raz, 15x20 inches.


Myself in front of my Giant Cactus Mural.  For XOXO I wanted more space to work out some of the techniques I had tried on the smaller works.  With Raz I had a lot of fun and took a lot of liberty with its construction.  I was able to bring my mural to a loose but finished place getting some great transparency with the blue I chose. 

Taking the month to think about nothing but making art was really a wonderful experience.  I had a lot of fun and met a wonderful group of people.  I'm so grateful to my family, friends, and Fisk for doing so much to get me there.  I can't imagine a better way to recharge artistically than this.  Now it's time to finish grad school applications, after our trip to Richmond, Virginia this weekend... 

No comments:

Post a Comment