18.6.14

Recent Studio Work: Anasyrma.

I was thinking about the Epic of Gilgamesh and for some reason it reminded me of the idea of anasyrma. So I made a few water color studies about the idea to further develop a technique I'm working on.  The good news is I don't think I'll have to make studies anymore, because I've got the technique down for the larger works on paper that I'm going to start this Fall. I say this Fall because I'm currently working on a project for Gowanus Swim Society that will be shown this September (more details about that later!), I have a couple of short shows happening this Summer, along with my 2 week West Coast vacation with Fisk, and finally ending with Gowanus Open Studios in October. It's just really busy, but in the best ways. 

ANASYRMA.
All works are colored pencil, watercolor, and acrylic on paper.

Anasyrma 3

Anasyrma 2

Anasyrma 1

Anasyrma 4

No comments:

Post a Comment