30.10.14

Gowanus Open Studios!

Here are some photos Fisk took of Gowanus Open Studios during the weekend of October 18/19th!

Work by Justin Whitkin
Véronique Gambier
Myla Seabrook
A couple of my drawings
Brandon & Myself
A detail of a work by Fisk!
A work by Mary Negro
Ashley Alioto next to her work
A sculpture by Jen Dwyer
John Azelvandre in his studio

Kristen Haskell representing Haskieville
J.J. & Fisk








This was my second year participating in Gowanus Open Studios and I had a blast. I spent the good portion of both days talking about art and socializing, which meant that the weekend was great.  I loved catching up with my artist friends - all of whom I never spend enough time with.  It was a great experience, though next year I will definitely have a studio of my own, as I don't really feel like being in a hallway is the best way to view artwork.  After the first day Gowanus Swim Society hosted a party for all the GOS artists and that was fun. I can't thank Brooklyn Art Space & Arts Gowanus enough for making the weekend such a success to so many people. 






No comments:

Post a Comment